Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

The first step is to get in touch with TENON. The easiest and fastest way is by completing and submitting the application form available via our website. Alternatively, you can email us or make contact via WhatsApp.

You must have a degree or a diploma in a healthcare subject, hold a registration with a professional body in Brazil and have successfully passed the academic IELTS or OET before you can be considered for a post. Additionally, you are required to undertake an OSCE as stipulated by the professional body you’re looking to register with.

Yes, you are required to be registered with a professional body in Brazil if you are applying as a registered professional.

Yes, you are required to have at least 12 months experience in your professional field. However, we do consider candidates with less experience.

Nurses, physiotherapists, radiologists, nutritionists, occupational therapists, paramedics and speech and language therapists are paid in line with the Agenda for Change. The starting salary is at band 5. Nursing associates start at band 4 and internationally recruited healthcare assistants start at a band 3. Doctors are paid according to grade and years served on a separate system.

More details can be found via these links: and’re%20working%20as,%C2%A383%2C945%20to%20%C2%A392%2C275

When you first come to the UK, you will be working as a healthcare assistant (Band 3). After successfully registering with the NMC and receiving your NMC PIN, your band and salary will increase and you will be employed as Registered Nurse band 5.

Salaries are set pro rata (37.5 hours per week) and paid in 12 monthly salaries, direct to your chosen UK registered bank account. TENON will explain the all details available on your payslip.

Yes, you can work paid additional hours beyond your contracted 37.5 hours per week. Each Trust has its individual rules regarding this.

Initially we recommend that you settle to work and life in the UK before applying to bring your family with you. TENON can provide information on this for you, but we are unable to provide family assistance as we do for your own visa. Generally, employers only certify maintenance for their sponsored worker, not their families and this will be clearly stated on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

The sponsor visa is for a period of at least 3 years, which is also the visa duration. Employers consider extending your contract based on your performance. After a period of 5 years in the UK you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

If you require medical care in the UK, you are entitled and covered by the benefits of the NHS. You will require to register with a General Practitioner (GP) when you arrive in the UK and have a UK address.

TENON will provide all the practical information you need. This will include any practical aspects – clothes, mobile phone, chargers, etc. You will be required to bring all original documents and £1000 is advisable to support you during your first month – a member of TENON team can advise if you need to discuss any personal circumstances.

The process varies for each individual. Usually the process takes 3 – 6 months. TENON will keep you informed every step of the way.